Climate Science and Policy
Climate change has been identified as one of the world’s most serious problems. However, most governments have been slow to respond to the challenge of climate mitigation and adaptation. This course will help you to understand the size of the problem and policy options that could start to make a difference.
You will be presented with the evidence as to why climate change is a growing problem for our society. Starting with early data produced from ice cores millions of years ago through to the latest thinking on the action required to address the problem, this course will equip you to identify key strategies for your organisation or government to implement a mitigation agenda.
What you'll learn
- The history and basics of the climate system
- How we as humans are impacting the climate system
- The future scenarios of climate change and likely risks and impacts
- The general approaches and limits to adaptation
- Policies required to help address the problem
- Skills and knowledge of scenario planning