Harvard webcast Fri 10/13 - Climate and Public Health: Public and Private Sector Responses
Wanted to share (last minute!) news of this upcoming live webcast Climate Change: Responses from the Public and Private Sectors -- Friday 10/13 (tomorrow), 12 noon ET, from the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health.
"Climate-related programs face challenges from federal regulation rollbacks and proposed spending cuts. In response, some members of the public and private sectors have stepped in, announcing various commitments to take action to curb climate change. What can cities, states, research institutions and businesses do to lead the way on climate change and to make the greatest impact on the environment and public health? A stellar panel of national, state, corporate and science leaders address the question in this upcoming Forum."
- Gina McCarthy, Former Administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency
- Jay Inslee, Governor, Washington
- Ann Klee, Vice President Environment, Health & Safety, GE
- Karen Smith, Director and State Public Health Officer, California Department of Public Health
- Aaron Bernstein, Associate Director, Center for Health and the Global Environment, Harvard Chan School; and Hospitalist, Division of General Medicine, Boston Children's Hospital
Moderated by Scott Malone, Boston Bureau Chief, Reuters.
They're inviting questions in advance for the panelists.